It is with sadness that I write this post. Once again the world unites to grieve yet another terrorist attack. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Brussels, especially with the victims and families of those injured and killed. I also grieve for those responsible for these attacks. I have two questions for terrorists: 1. WHY? and 2. DO YOU NOT FEAR GOD?
Friends of Jesus, as you know we are in a continuous battle between good and evil, between God and Satan. This battle was foretold at the beginning of time. God told Satan of His plan to crush him when He said this: “And I will put enmity between you (Satan) and the woman (Virgin Mary), and between your offspring (followers of Satan) and hers (Jesus & the Body of Christ); he (Jesus) will crush your head, and you (Satan) will strike his heel.” Genesis 3:15
The battle between ‘good’ and ‘evil’ will continue to the end of time. Jesus died for our salvation so that we could be redeemed of our sins and inherit the rewards of eternal life. Satan is determined to take our eternal inheritance, by tempting us to sin and offend God. There is no greater offense to God than the senseless killing of innocent people!
Who is really behind all terrorist attacks?
The answer is Satan!
Remember how Jesus describes Satan: “…He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44
Satan has deceived and convinced radical terrorists that they are called to a mission of martyrdom. He has convinced them to kill and to create a global climate of fear and uncertainty.
Let’s reflect on what we need to do and how people of God CAN STOP the next terrorist attack!
To win the battle of good and evil requires that we understand God’s Holy Will. We can stop terrorism if we unite as followers of Jesus and do His Will. It is the Holy Will of God that we stop sinning.
The first thing we need to do is repent of our sins. When people repent and come back to God, the forces of ‘good’ win a battle against the forces of ‘evil’.
“If we confess our sins, he (Jesus) is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
We all have a role to play in determining our global condition. If we want to silence the force of evil in our world, we need to stay close to God and pray for His Holy Spirit to be poured into the hearts of all people. God’s Holy Spirit convinces us of our sins and inspires us and helps us to be the people He wants us to be, people of love, people of hope, people who can forgive and help all those in need regardless of their gender, race, faith, nationality, culture etc.
Remember the diabolical force that is behind all acts of violence and terror doesn’t just want people to kill, this force of evil wants people to fear and hate.
Here’s what Satan is hoping for in the wake of the recent terrorist attacks on Brussels:
- Satan wants us to be afraid, afraid of going into airport terminals, afraid of getting on public transit, afraid of taking our children in public places, afraid of travelling and afraid in general. The more people suffer, the more Satan rejoices. Let us pray to God that He keeps us safe. Let us pray to God that He stops the evil forces that commit these horrific acts of violence on the innocent.
- Satan wants us to hate all Muslims. He wants us to discriminate against them and subject them to increased scrutiny and surveillance. He wants them to lose their privacy and be subject to continuous harassment.
- Satan wants us to close our doors to refugees out of fear that they might be terrorists. He wants us to be afraid of them and he is thrilled when innocent people suffer persecution, discrimination and hatred.
- Satan wants us to thirst for vengeance. He wants us to want to kill in response to killings because he is a murderer and he wants everyone to murder because murder is a sure way for people to lose their eternal inheritance in heaven. Satan wants company in hell and his plan is all about hatred, vengeance and murder.
- Satan wants you to lose your faith in God’s mercy and kindness. He wants you to doubt that God exists and live a selfish life full of lust. In response to these attacks he wants you to think ‘life is too short so I better live it up!’
Now let’s consider what God wants in response to these attacks.
- God does not want us to live in fear. He wants us to come back to Him with all our hearts. He wants us to hope in Him and believe in His plan to conquer evil. This requires that we become ONE Body of Christ that keeps praying for the Holy Spirit of God to convince people committing these crimes to STOP!
- God wants us to love all people, regardless of their faith. God loves Muslims. They are His creatures. Do you remember when Jesus said, “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” (Matthew 12:50) Muslims living in peace, embracing God’s will that we love one another are our brothers and sisters and we ought to love them. Jesus’ commandment that we love one another even extends to our enemies. Jesus said, “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” Matthew 5:44
- God does not want us to close our doors to refugees of war. That doesn’t mean governments should not use intelligence to try to screen out terrorists that are disguising themselves as refugees.
- God wants us to remember that nothing escapes His divine eye. God will avenge injustice in our world. For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” Hebrews 10:30
- God wants us to understand that the choices we make in this life affect our eternal life. No one will escape God’s judgment and people who commit these horrific acts of terror are paving their way to hell. “And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.” Revelation 20:12
We need a peaceful revolution in our world; we need to turn things around! We need to silence the forces of evil, by coming back to God, repenting of our sins and asking God to help us to please Him. We need a revolution defined not by violence but by faith in Our Saviour Jesus Christ. We need to remember that the promises of God are as true today as when they were first spoken through the ancient prophets.
This is God’s promise:
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
How many places in our world have to be terrorized before we truly commit to being true followers of Jesus, realizing that our faith comes with a responsibility to pray for all souls?
Jesus will answer our prayers! Faith is a responsibility and we must not lose hope in the power of God to stop terror, enabling us to live in peace without fear.
There is power in unity. That’s why we are calling Christians of all denominations to believe in the power of ONE Body of Christ praying for peace in our world. Jesus wants to save all souls and we have to help Him in this divine mission.
So I invite you to believe in the power of ONE BODY OF CHRIST PRAYING FOR THE MERCY OF JESUS AND AN OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT UPON THE WHOLE WORLD.
Please join A Peaceful Revolution in the Name of Jesus Christ – A Global Call to Pray! We unite everyday in prayer at the Hour of Mercy, the time Our Lord Jesus died for us, 3pm (in our local time zones). At this time we remember the greatest love the world has ever known and will ever know the love of Jesus Christ. We remember His Passion and we call upon the power of God to save us all!
May the peace of Our Lord Jesus be with you all! May Our Holy Lord bring the souls of the victims who died in the Brussels terrorist attack to heaven and may His healing touch and holy embrace console all those wounded and grieving. And may our merciful Saviour Jesus Christ take pity upon those who commit these acts of terror. Please convince them of their sin Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray.